Monday, January 3, 2011

One week left! Ack!

Well, here we are, a new year upon us. It's going to be one interesting year, I can tell you that. My surgery is one week from tomorrow! It's crazy to think that it's already that close. I'm so excited.

I've been on an all-liquid diet for a week now, and I have a week left to go. And no, I haven't cheated! That's not to say I haven't been tempted...oh boy, have I been tempted. A lot of the last week was spent at my parents' house in CA, where I had easy access to chocolate mint brownies, Miguel's Jr., homemade bread, and more of my favorites. People have been considerate around me, though, and while it's been a struggle, I'm doing it.

My diet currently consists of protein/weight loss shakes (SlimFast and Atkins, generally), cottage cheese, soup (cream of chicken and tomato), milk, and lots of water and Crystal Light. Sounds tasty, huh? I added the cottage cheese and soup because they are considered full liquids on the post-op diet, and I was feeling really weak with only the protein shakes. I don't know how much weight I've lost already, but I have to have lost at least something.

Every time I'm tempted to eat something--seriously, no one would have known if I had eaten a PBJ while my husband ran an errand tonight after our son was in bed--I just tell myself that my health is worth it. It doesn't always work like a charm, but I've managed so far, and if I've made it this far, I can make it the rest of the way, right? I can do this! I'm just so looking forward to not feeling these hunger pangs anymore...at least for awhile...

3 comments:

Writing Group Blog said...

You can do it! That takes incredible willpower. But you will always be able to look back on these two weeks and say "If I did that, I can do anything." And you can! I'm so proud of you. You rock!

Mamapierce said...

I'm so proud of you! You are doing awesome, Carina! It's tough to be on a liquid diet and you did it while on vacation! You're amazing! SO excited for you! Love you! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

That's my Girl! SOOOO proud of you! I feel guilty that I was one of the people tempting you last week to eat a little bit--but I was worried! You were getting weak! Glad you are holding in there, and you are constantly in my prayers. You are doing a HARD thing, and I totally respect and honor you for doing it so well. You're getting closer! Love you so much.