Only three weeks until my surgery date! Time is going by so quickly...it seems to go by even faster these days, what with my son's birthday being last week and Christmas and New Year's in the next two weeks. I start my liquid diet one week from today. That's going to be hard, I just know it. I'll be honest that I'm not looking forward to it. I think that's understandable, but at least it's getting me one step closer. And plus, any weight I lose on my own before the surgery makes the risk of complications that much lower :)
Thanks again for all your comments! They mean so much to me and I really do appreciate hearing your thoughts and support. Please keep 'em coming, especially as the time gets closer! It's starting to hit me that this is major surgery here, and I need to think about the actual procedure and hospital aftermath, not just the whole eating less and losing weight that should happen in the weeks and months afterwards. I know someone who just had the surgery last week, and she's having a rough time with recovery, so I'm feeling a bit apprehensive. I just need to trust that I've had good feelings about it so far, and it's still a chance for me to get my life back.

2 comments:
Paul's cousin had a similar surgery done last week and he's doing pretty well. It's definitely scary and I totally understand your apprehension. You'll be amazing, though. I don't envy the all-liquid diet, but think of all the fun things you can liquefy. Today Markie got her wisdom teeth out and asked if we could liquefy pizza bites. Think of the possibilities!
We're behind you 100% Carina! I wasn't aware of your surgery until a comment you made in a post to me on FB. Love you girl! You can do ANYTHING!
Post a Comment