Monday, January 24, 2011

Stronger every day...

I've been home almost two days now, and while I have moments where it hurts so badly I want to pass out, I feel like I'm getting better and better. I can get up more easily and walk around with less pain than even yesterday. As long as I keep up with my pain meds when necessary, I think I'll be fine.

I need to be better about my intake, though. I keep forgetting to eat or drink--it's so weird not to feel hungry! My belly rumbles a lot, but it's not hunger growls...I think it's just what I have dubbed "Mr. Newly-Rerouted GI Tract", and he's letting me know that he's still adjusting to things. Well, that makes two of us, Mr. NRGIT. Just have patience and we'll both get better eventually.

I wanted to record what one of the nurses, Jill, said to me the other day, just as I was about to be discharged from the hospital. She said that she is just so excited for me, and that she can sense something different in me, something that sets me apart from the other bariatric patients they get on the surgical floor. She said I just seem so positive, so motivated, and that this is something that will do wonders for me and my health. She also said she spoke to Ginny, who is the UVSWL Program Coordinator, and Ginny said the same. They can tell that I'm ready for this, that I will follow the rules, and I am going to change my life.

It meant so much to me to hear that from them. It's a lot to live up to, but something inside me tells me that they're right--I AM ready for this, and I am going to do all I can to take advantage of it and make it work for me. I've been a captive of my weight for so long, and it's finally time to take control and conquer it. I'm on my way already!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

So glad that you're feeling a little better today! Keep up the positive thinking! I love that you named your new stomach - so cute! :D

Brianne said...

Do you call him "Mr NRGIT"? Like, "Mister Nergit" ("nerf gun" crossed with "nougat")? You should. =) And I'm glad you're doing better and better! I hope today is easier than yesterday, and that you continue to progress. You're young and sprightly, so it shouldn't be a problem. Yes, I just called you sprightly. And that's so great what they said to you--very encouraging words! You can do it! Just keep thinking about how you want to live a long life with your family and how you want to have more children. By doing this, you are keeping the Lord's commandment to multiply and replenish the earth, and you are furthering His work by allowing Him to send more of His children to earth =) Good job!

Writing Group Blog said...

You can do it!