Friday, January 28, 2011

9 days post-op

It's been a rough week, I won't lie. I'm still on pain meds and have a difficult time getting up and sitting down, but it's getting better. My diet currently consists of 2 oz (4 tablespoons) of various things, like yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, cream of wheat, and refried beans. It's hard to get all the water in that I'm supposed to, because I sometimes even feel nauseated when I drink water. The doctor said that's probably because I'm filling up my pouch, so he prescribed me some anti-nausea meds and advised me to drink more slowly.

Speaking of which, I had my first follow-up with the surgeon today, mainly to remove the JP drain I've had in my stomach and just discuss any issues I've had. Oh, and guess what? I lost another 16 pounds! That means that, since my first appointment with the surgeon in November, I have lost approximately 49 pounds. Dude! Isn't that awesome? I'm so excited about that. Sure, it's been sooooo hard, but it's already worth it. Yay!

4 comments:

Writing Group Blog said...

Wow! That's incredible! I'm so sorry all this crazy painful stuff comes with it, but the good news is really GREAT!

Mamapierce said...

49 pounds! That is AWESOME! I'm so excited for you! :D

Svedi Pie said...

Carina - that's amazing! You're doing great girl. I so admire you!

The Hulls said...

Congrats Carina! Forty-nine pounds is amazing! Good for you girly!! I hope the healing happens quickly so the pain goes away soon.