Friday, February 24, 2012

Run today

Just an update on my goal that I posted yesterday.

I had to take an extra-long lunch today due to office time constraints, so I decided to do a full 5K and see how long it took me. That way, I would know how much work I have to do in order to beat my 2005 time :)

I am pleased to say that I did the full 5K in just under 39 minutes (38:57 or 8, to be exact)!

Granted, that was on a treadmill, so I didn't have the difficulty of elevation changes added in, but I think that's pretty stinkin' good. That time included a warm-up of 6 minutes at 4.0 mph, then alternating periods of 5 minutes at 5.5 mph followed by 3 minutes at 4.0 mph (so running for 5 minutes, walking for 3). I'm sure that I'll finish up with a good run/sprint at the end of the actual 5K--or at least, that's what I'm planning to do. I think I can shave off 2 minutes in the next three weeks, don't you? :)

3 comments:

Destiney said...

Wow, Carina that is AWESOME!

Writing Group Blog said...

Good job! You always go faster in races, so you'll DEFINITELY make it!

Anonymous said...

You will! Go! Fight! Win! Cis boom bah!