I'm sure people get tired of hearing about what's going on with my weight loss, but you know, this blog is more for me than anybody else, so I'm not stopping anytime soon. I need this blog to look at where I've been, and I need to post pictures so I can truly appreciate how far I've come. Now that I put that out there, here's the latest in my life.
I'm still right around 212 as far as weight goes. I think I may have hit a weight-loss plateau, which honestly is all right with me. The weight is redistributing itself due to my exercise, I'm almost positive, because...guess what? I bought SIZE 12 PANTS. They were on clearance at Kohl's, and they fit great. Here's a couple of pictures of my outfit today:
And that's a size L top that I also got on clearance. If I didn't have such a saggy midsection and therefore prefer a little baggier of a shirt, I may have even gotten an M. That is just WEIRD.
Do I like running yet? Nope. I mean, I feel good when I'm done with it, but I still have a hard time getting through the whole workout. My right hip has been hurting a little bit after each run (I do it 2-3 times a week), so I wonder if my running gait needs correcting. I should go to a running shoe store and see if they can help.
Up until now, my goal as it relates to the 5K has been to finish in less than 40 minutes. Actually, you know what? I did a 5K back in 2005. I was 23 years old and in some of the best shape of my life back then. I just looked up my time for that race, and it was 37:14. New goal? Beat that time. I want to finish this 5K in 37 minutes or less. I can do it.
Side note: I went with my family to a Brazilian Steakhouse on Monday, can you believe it? It's an all-you-can-eat buffet with loads and loads of some of the tastiest meat you will ever eat. They let me pay the child's price and I had everything from garlic sirloin to linguiƧa to filet mignon to pao de queijo. It was SO GOOD. And I didn't even overeat. I knew my limits and I kept to them. It sure felt good, though. I love me some Brazilian meats.



4 comments:
You look AMAZING!!!!! Size 12! That's so small! I am so freaking proud of you. Seriously. And your 5k: no problem. That's actually pretty fast, but I know you can do it. You CAN do it! Oh, I wish I could be there to cheer you on. Also, go to a running store. They can fit you for the right shoes, or if not shoes, at least insoles that can help your hips. Good running stores can match your gait with the right shoes and order your specific size.
Hi Carina, you look fantastic! I remember seeing you run the 5K (I guess it was in 2005). I think I was sitting on the sidelines eating pancakes. GOOD LUCK running your next one! I know you can beat your old time! About the hip thing... are you lifting weights as well--doing squats and such? That will help. My right hip starts shifting inward if I'm not stretching or strengthening the muscles in that area. Lately I've been doing yoga (because i tweaked my back) and it has really helped my body become centered, and I've noticed my hip doesn't bother me as much.
Wow! Double wow! I'm so very proud of you!! Size 12 pants! And a large shirt that could have been a med! That is just tiny! You are doing such a great job. I love the 5K goal too. You go girl!!!
Great pictures, Carina! I love your progress. You look amazing, and I'm so glad you are feeling good. I have had hip bursitis before, so if it's tender on the outside of your hip, it could be that. I like Wendy's advice tho. Good luck with the workouts. So proud of you. Wish I could come on the 17th.
Post a Comment