I know lately all I've been posting about is how "it's been a year since such-and-such happened," so please forgive me if I do one more. This is an anniversary that I really don't want to commemorate, but yet I can't help but look back. It was a year ago today that I was lying in bed, going through some of the absolute worst pain of my LIFE (and that includes childbirth). Little did I know that I'd be having another surgery the next day and stay in the hospital for another week. I just re-read my post about that experience, and it brought back a flood of memories about that whole ordeal. My goodness.
Now, here it is, one year later. I was 365 the day I had surgery, and today I'm about 212. I can eat a lot of things now--portions are still small, of course, and I'm still sensitive to certain foods, but I am so much better off than I was back then. I was one sick woman that day. Now? I'm in a little bit of pain today because of my workout regimen (running is HARD!), but it's a good pain. I almost feel like I can take on the world. What a difference.
Oh, and I also wanted to post this little picture of flowers, a teddy bear, and chocolates that my husband sent me for Valentines Day yesterday. He even made sure to get me a small box of chocolates because he knows my limits, but yet I can still (slightly) indulge. We had a nice, quiet little evening last night, and we made sure to avoid Café Rio, which was what we had last Valentines Day (and may have contributed to the whole ordeal--I guess we'll never know). Anyway. Yeah.


4 comments:
Hooray for being better off now and not in pain! And what a sweet husband - so thoughtful! Happy Valentine's Day! :D
Your story never fails to amaze and inspire me. I'm so glad I know you and your cute family:) Thanks for inspiring ME!
I'm so proud of you! A year ago, did you even dream you would be training for a 5K?? So amazing. You look so young and beautiful, but most of all HAPPY. You just seem to have more and more happiness and self confidence with each new post. Just makes my day to see all you're accomplishing and doing! Love you!
Ah my sweet Carina. I still feel guilty for not sending you immediately to the e.r. that day a year ago. I'm SO grateful they were able to help you, even though it involved another surgery and "starting over." What a difficult ordeal. But look at you now! There's no STOPPING your progress! You are an inspiration to us all!
Post a Comment