Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Out of the 300s!

You guys!!!! (Okay, hopefully you all know that I'm speaking to all of you, regardless of gender...it's the CA girl in me) Guess what guess what guess what? I have hit a HUGE milestone in my life:

I am now officially under 300 pounds!

Okay, now that is a craaazy thing to admit on a public blog, but I promised myself that I would be brutally honest here no matter what. Some people may not think this is something to celebrate, but I can guarantee that it's big for me (no pun intended).

I haven't been at this weight since shortly after my wedding (and side note: I am wearing today the pants that I wore in my engagement pictures. Yup, they fit. It's awesome.). In fact, I may even be around the same weight that I was when I got married...I don't remember the exact number. 

And while my weight did fluctuate throughout college and on my mission, I weigh less now than I did on my high school graduation day. That is an amazing feeling.

Sure, the weight is distributed in different areas. Getting older and having gone through pregnancy and childbirth will do that do a person. But I feel so good. I get so many compliments these days! I didn't do this for the attention, though--I did it to get healthy. And I would say I am well on my way there.


15 comments:

Starla said...

Congrats! :)

Melanie said...

I didn't know you had this blog. Awesome post! Congratulations!! I am so proud of you!

Julia said...

You Look Awesome! Congrats girl and keep it up! You're an inspiration!

suzanne said...

Happy day! Proud of you, lady!

matt and amy said...

Carina! You look amazing and I am so proud of you for doing what you are doing. Keep going!

Andrea said...

Great Job!!! You look great!

Svedi Pie said...

Carina - you should feel so proud!! You deserve it!! Honestly that is such a great accomplishment and you are beautiful :D Love you girl!

Mamapierce said...

You. Look. Amazing.

angelalois said...

that is a pretty big smile :-) you go, girl!

Brittney said...

Carina you look just so gorgeous!So beautiful!

Mickelle said...

Beautiful AND healthy! What an awesome feeling! So very happy for you, sweet Carina. You've worked so hard to achieve it!

The Hulls said...

Wow! Congratulations Carina. I am so happy for you. You look great, you say you feel great, and you're healthier! I am genuinely thrilled for this milestone!

Dustin and Jenna said...

Congratulations Carina! You are so amazing! You do look so good and I'm glad to hear you are feeling good too. I hope you continue to feel great! You are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I simply must say you always WERE beautiful--it just shows a lot more these days! I am so proud to be your mother and to watch your example. This has NOT been an easy ride for you, but you have had a positive attitude throughout, and you are just as beautiful inside as you are out! I think your husband will soon have to stand guard over you! Love you, my sweet daughter.

Destiney said...

Carina, You are BEAUTIFUL! :) You look positively happy in these photos. I am happy for you!