I had a check-up with my surgeon today. I was supposed to get my drain taken out, but Dr. Watts decided to be extra cautious and have me keep it in another week. Oh, well. I'm glad we're playing it safe.
Weigh-in: 352.2 pounds. That means I've lost a total of 85 pounds since I first met with the surgeon in November, and I've lost 52 pounds since I had my initial RNY surgery six weeks ago. That sounds good, right? Well, apparently the surgeon said it's a little TOO much too soon :o I didn't know that was possible! Never in my life did I imagine I would be told I am losing weight too quickly. Crazy.
Anyway, Dr. Watts suggested I add a couple of snacks to my daily diet, as well as start drinking milk as part of my regular fluid intake. I also need to take two multivitamins a day instead of just one. "Weight loss isn't the issue with you right now," he said, so he wants me to up my caloric intake just a tad to give me more energy. I've been feeling rather lethargic, and the simplest tasks wear me out. I thought it was just my body still recuperating from surgery, but it's also my lack of nutrition. So, I'm going to focus on changing my diet a little to make sure I'm doing better.
So, it was a good appointment, I suppose--interesting, at least. My mom is still here, helping me out and keeping me company while I'm at home. I'm sleeping a lot, so hopefully I can overcome that soon so I can start going back to work. It's been a crazy roller coaster, this whole surgery thing!

6 comments:
I am so proud of you, Carina. You've had some rough days since getting home, but you never complain! What an example you are to me. You will gain stamina and strength a little at a time. Remember, it's still not been very long since your second major surgery. Pace yourself, eat enough, and I'll be ready to leave you behind and head back home. I've loved being here with you.
Wow! That is a lot of weight to lose very quickly. I'm sure your doctor knows best and I'm so glad your sweet mama is there to help you. Go, Carina!
It's nice when a doctor tells you "Weight loss isn't the issue with you right now". Keep on Carina! You're amazing!
You're keeping the drain another month? I thought you said another week... And good luck getting more energy! Nutrition is important =) As is sleep! Word. You're awesome, by the way. =)
You're right, Brianne, I meant another week. Fixed it in the post. And thanks for the support, everyone!
Yes, you can lose weight TOO fast! That's a huge reason why I did the lapband, of course, I'm losing weight WAY too SLOW (er, not at all). ha ha ha! Does your insurance cover reconstructive surgery post weight loss? If you lose too quickly, your skin won't be able to shrink correctly and it will be hanging...yuck. I hope that won't happen to you! (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment