Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birds flyin' high, you know how I feel...

Yup, that's right, I'm actually feeling good! (And if you don't know what song I'm referring to, then go here)

This past week, I realized that I'm feeling almost completely back to normal. I mean, sure, I still feel a lack of energy, but it's probably about the same as I was 100 lbs ago. I mean, who has a ton of energy when they weigh over 400 lbs? I certainly didn't! I'm not exactly sure how far my weight loss has gone now, but I was at 94 lbs down as of two weeks ago, so I think it's safe to say I've hit the century mark by now. It's been quite the ride. I'm still having trouble with gagging and having the appetite for food, but I'm slowly learning what my body can handle and it's coming along.

Best news this week: I'm off my blood pressure medication! I'd been on medication for high blood pressure (we're talking 170/100 unmedicated--it was bad) for over a year now. Well, in the past three weeks, I went from two pills to one, then to half a pill, and now I'm off it. It's an amazing feeling! And the dizziness is pretty much gone now, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I've been getting compliments a lot--I look amazing, fabulous, so good, etc. Makes me happy! :) I'm so grateful to all of you for your support and words of encouragement. I figured it's about time to post a picture, so here ya go:
Sorry it's kinda dark. I'll have to get all dressed up and have my husband take a picture so you can see it better. But hey, that's me! And I'm feeling good! Hooray! =D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carina, you are absolutely beautiful. I'm SO proud of you and all your progress. Especially that you have such great success with your b/p already. What a GREAT blessing! I'm so glad you have had this opportunity to take charge of your health, and that it's working so well! I love you....

Svedi Pie said...

Yay! So glad to hear things are getting better. I remember a time on my mission when I just felt learning Chinese was the hardest thing I've ever done, and the one thing I couldn't quit - I imagine that's how you have felt on this journey. But it's so worth it and you look great!! Just think the time and effort you make know will really have a positive impact on the rest of your life - you are so awesome! Love you girl

Writing Group Blog said...

You've got such a beautiful smile. I love to see it! And you really do look amazing! I am so proud of you and so happy that you are feeling better. Keep goin', girl! You are awesome!

Mamapierce said...

You look amazing, fabulous, so good!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!! :D

Brianne said...

Ahem. I know where you got the inspiration for that song... =) But yay! You're awesome! Keep up the enthusiasm and the optimism, they make all the difference.

The Hulls said...

Congrats Carina on the strides you've already made, and on the upcoming accomplishments too! I'm so proud of you! Keep smiling that beautiful smile we all love!

Brittney said...

Carina you look absolutely AMAZING!!!! I am so so so excited for you!

Hannah Joy said...

You do look fabulous!!! You're glowing! And your face shape is completely different! I'm so excited for you! And just wow! Keep up the great work...
-Hannah