Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A bit better today

THANK YOU so much to all of your comments and words of support and wisdom. Seriously, they mean so much to me and I can feel your love and prayers as I read them. I am so grateful to know there are so many people out there rooting for me to have success and to finally be healthy!

I met with my primary care doctor today because of those dizzy spells I've been having (had another big one on Monday), and it was determined that it's definitely low blood pressure. It was 90/60 today! So my med dosage was cut in half, and now I need to keep track of it over the coming weeks and, if I need to, cut it in half again, and then maybe I'll even be off of it in a month or so. Hooray! I was hoping that this surgery would help with my hypertension, but I didn't think it would be this quickly. Yay!

Oh, and I lost another six pounds in the last week. That's a total of 91--I'm so close to the century mark, I can feel it. And I'm also right around the weight I was before I became pregnant with my son! That's exciting, knowing that I'm finally back down to where my weight REALLY started spiraling out of control, and I know I'll do whatever it takes to not get back here again. It's a great feeling.

I see the surgeon again this Friday to (hopefully!) remove my drain and see how things are going. I'll post again then! Love you all!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

You are doing so well, Carina. I'm super happy for you! 91 pounds is an amazing achievement! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Awesome Carina. How about posting a new picture! It's exciting for others to SEE the evolution, yes? Just sayin....soooo proud of you!

suzanne said...

Any chance for an update soon?? I'm hoping you're still doing well?