Thursday, September 27, 2012

6 weeks left...eep!

I guess I haven't had much to say lately about how I'm doing...but hey, I'm still here, alive and kicking--and so is baby! I hit 34 weeks yesterday, meaning I'm due in just over a month. Holy cows. Met with my doctor this morning, and it looks like baby is already head down, heartbeat is great, and he's measuring right on track. As for me, my blood pressure is absolutely perfect (which is AWESOME), weight gain is also right on track (I've gained just over 30 pounds total), and apart from constant back pain and tiredness because I just don't sleep well, I feel actually quite good.

I had an almost surreal experience last night, though: I actually was yearning to go out and exercise. I mean really, truly exercise, the kind I just can't do while 7.5 months pregnant. How weird is that? But that's a promising feeling! I know I can't be absolutely certain that I'll bounce back after delivery and go right back to where I was before I got pregnant (you know, weight steadily declining, prepping for a race, etc), but I'm hopeful that the weight will come off quickly (here's hoping breastfeeding will help with that). I know it will be getting colder when the baby is born, but I plan to take him out on walks around the neighborhood while I'm on maternity leave. Should be great.

I've developed quite a sweet tooth throughout this pregnancy, though, and that's not a good thing. I never was a huge sweets eater--it used to be all about the carbs, the bread, the pasta, the potatoes. Since I have a hard time handling big amounts of those types of things now, I find myself eating more and more sugar. I regret that I've discovered I have absolutely no symptoms of dumping. I'm going to have to really reign that in once baby is born and I'm back to focusing on getting my body back in shape.

Anyway, that's where I am. I should have a brand-new baby boy in about six weeks here, and I'm so glad that I will be a much healthier mama for both him and his big brother. I'm going to actually be able to run and play with them. That's a good feeling.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Yay! I'm excited for you =) And that really is great that you've had a desire to exercise. I want to be a mom who can run and play with my kids, too...is good motivation, no?

Mamapierce said...

I can't believe you only have 6 weeks left! Where has the time gone?! Do you have any names picked out?