So, I'm officially in my third trimester. I hit 28 weeks yesterday--crazy, huh? I met with the doctor this afternoon and things are going great! Baby is measuring right on schedule, heartbeat holding steady at 150. My blood pressure has been normal the whole pregnancy--124/68. What a blessing! Somehow my iron levels haven't dipped too low despite me not remembering to take the iron supplements as often as I should (I probably remember to take them about 4-5 days a week). I passed the glucose test, so no gestational diabetes.
The only thing that I didn't like hearing was the weight gain--I gained 9 POUNDS in the last four weeks. Overall that puts me at a weight gain of 24 pounds since my first appointment, which my doctor is totally fine with, so she spent a good portion of the appointment reassuring me it's good weight gain. I'm glad she understands the difficulty I have with accepting the idea of weight gain as a GOOD thing. I really appreciate her as a doctor. She's been so reassuring and supportive and always mentions how much healthier I am with this pregnancy. I know it's a good thing to gain weight at this point--it'll all be worth it for my little guy. I just hope it comes off quickly once he's born...gotta get back to exercising and losing those last 20-30 pounds!
Pictures below...yup, that's no longer excess skin. That's definitely a baby belly :)



6 comments:
what a super lady you are...looking radiant and lovely. Glad to hear all is going well.
Carina, I gained 9 pounds one monthwhen we took a big road trip. The doctor told me to slow down my weight gain and I cried, then ate some chocolate. Traveling totally does that to you when pregnant. I bet that's what happened to you too. No worries! You're doing great!
You look awesome! Pregnancy totally agrees with you! Love you girl.
You look radiant!!! I love it!
Such a cute belly bump--that's where the weight is going! He's going to be healthy. And so are you. So very proud of you, Daughter. Hugs.
Carina, you are so beautiful. These pictures are very striking. I would die for that kind of facial structure!
Post a Comment