I had another endoscopy last week. This time I had a super sore throat for a few days afterward, and the area where they widened my pouch opening was kinda tender. Also, I apparently have an ulcer, so they gave me some giant pills to take four times a day. That's fun, especially because I always forget to take them. Bad me. But eating has gone a lot easier lately--haven't thrown up since the latest EGD, so I guess that's good. Nor have I felt the same nausea or tightness that I was having previously. Could it be that I'm finally on the road to full recovery? :o
Time is approaching for my 6-month post-surgery check-up. I just left a message with the doctor's office to schedule it, since last time I was there was in April and they didn't have July's schedule available yet. Kinda weird that I'm already six months out, and yet it's only been six months. So much has happened in those six months! I'm a whole new woman!
Not much else to report health-wise...I'm officially down to at-or-below my wedding weight, though the weight is distributed differently so I don't think I look as good as I used to (but that's another story). I still need to go through my closet and get rid of clothes that are too big. I find myself wearing belts with my jeans now, and I really need to go through my underwear drawer (those who are LDS know what I'm talking about) because it's starting to really hang off my body and bunch under my clothes. I tried on my swimsuit the other day and it looked decent, so I'm happy about that. I'll be wearing it next week on our CA trip.
That's about it for me! Need to be better about taking meds, but I'll get the lecture from the doctor later, I'm sure. I'm just glad I feel good most days.

4 comments:
Carina, You are beautiful! :) I pray that your BP has worked itself out and that you continue down the road you are on to reach your goals. You are such an inspiration with a great attitude and outlook through it all. Keep it up girl!
I totally know what you mean about the underwear drawer and congrats on wearing belts again! That must be a great feeling! :D
Yay for belts! Love you girl. How long are you in Cali?
Okay, so take your pills (trying not to shout), and get your B/P readings daily while you are down here with your local resident nurse. Meanwhile, I'm super glad you are eating okay, and hope this trend continues. Cannot WAIT to see you. :) kisses and hugs.
Post a Comment