Saw my surgeon again this morning for my 3-month check-up, and he said things are looking pretty good! My weight loss isn't as drastic as it was before, but I'm still steadily losing (down 119 now! Not too shabby!). He encouraged me to increase my exercise so I can maximize that weight loss--now that the weather is (somewhat) nicer, maybe I'll start going on walks or something.
I asked him about my hair loss, which has been pretty significant of late--seriously, I have to clean the brush out twice when I brush my hair after a shower. For those who know me in real life, you know I have very thick hair, so I guess I can afford to lose a little bit. However, this is more than just a little bit...I mean, at least I don't have bald patches or anything yet, but my ponytail feels quite a bit thinner. It's weird. It should get better with time, and in the meantime, I need to eat foods high in zinc and copper. Apparently kiwi fruit has high copper levels, so maybe I'll get me some o' that. Yum.
He also wrote me a prescription for my headaches. Tylenol just isn't cutting it. My go-to before surgery was generally Excedrin, but I can't have that now because aspirin can cause ulcers in someone with such a tiny stomach like me. I guess this new prescription has caffeine in it, which should help. I certainly hope so, because I don't like headaches.
That's pretty much it. I don't really have any abdominal pain, and my lab results have looked pretty good (as we saw in my last post). I go back in another six months. I've only got about 20 pounds before I cross the threshold from being "morbidly obese" to just plain "obese," according to the BMI scale. Is it weird that I'm excited to be labeled just plain old "obese"? :) I hope I can reach that within another couple of months.
Thank you all for your words of support and encouragement! They mean more to me than you know!

3 comments:
I love love love reading your updates. I am so proud of you! I hope the weather continues to get better really fast so you can get out walking, because I bet you'll feel tons better if you do (hey, might even help your headaches!). Good luck and keep on rockin'!
I'm SO excited for you, Carina! You are doing awesome! As for the hair loss, are you on synthroid? It sounds like it could be a thyroid issue. I hope you get the headache thing figured out - I hate headaches, too! (((HUGS)))
I'm really happy for you too, Carina! You're doing great!! I'm so glad the stomach pain isn't a bother anymore and you get to do some exercising to boot! Love you girl!
Post a Comment