Friday, December 3, 2010

Five and a half weeks left!

I just met with my surgeon today, my last time seeing him before the actual surgery. Here we go! I got a big booklet to read through to prepare myself and I'm going to attend an educational class taught by the program director on Wednesday. I've also been asked to try and lose as much weight as I can before January 11th, because any weight I lose will make the surgery that much easier.

I don't think anybody is actually reading this blog yet, but once people do, thank you for your support! I'm grateful to those I love for all of their encouragement at this time in my life. These next few months and years will be life-changing, and I'm excited to share them with you all!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Carina, Reading about your history and experiences brought me to tears. You are such a beautiful girl. I have many people in my family who struggle with weight. Even though surgery is not something to be taken lightly, I truly believe that it is a blessing for many people. I am grateful that you have this opportunity and that you are brave enough to share it on this blog. You are amazing!

Svedi Pie said...

Carina! I feel very privileged that you would share something so intimate and personal with us, it's very tender. You really are amazing and I'm sure you'll be able to achieve your goals. Good luck beautiful girl!

Mamapierce said...

So excited for you!!!!!