Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Baby, we were born to ruuuunnnnnn...

I never, ever thought I would say this, but...

I like to run!


I've been running 3-4 times a week for the past couple months and I think it's safe to say I'm becoming addicted. I admit that I'm not able to keep a running pace during the entire duration (farthest I've ever run without stopping to walk was a little over two miles, which I did this past week), and sometimes I'm running not much faster than I walk, but I'm still going. I use the MapMyRun app, so I can just step out onto the driveway and take off wherever I feel like. I especially like trail running up in the mountains behind our neighborhood. It's just such good exercise and I feel so good when I'm done.

My last post talked about the 5K I ran in March. I did another 5K in April. I'm now getting ready for a 10K and planning to hike a mountain (nearly 12,000 feet high and 15 miles round-trip), both in August. 'm also 99% sure I will do a half-marathon early next year. Say WHAT????? What have I become???? I'm not even sure anymore. I'm certainly leagues away from where I was 6-7 years ago--even one year ago, if I'm being honest.

The resulting weight loss isn't bad, either. I've lost nearly 80 lbs since last summer, and I'm now less than 30 lbs away from my dream goal weight that I never got to right after my WLS because I got pregnant. I'm just so excited to see all my hard work paying off! Here's an updated picture:


No comments: