Monday, March 14, 2016

I did it again!!!

I ran the Rex Lee Run again this past Saturday, which is the same 5K I wrote about on this blog four years ago. Back then, my time was 39:19. This year? 37:17! Yeah, baby! Such a surprise that I went that fast, as I don't feel like I trained nearly enough like I did last time. I've just been doing 30 minutes of elliptical 3x a week, as well as 4-5 mile walk/jogs around the neighborhood on Saturdays. I guess it's all paid off. I originally thought that was my fastest 5K time ever...turns out it was 3 seconds slower than my time in 2005. D'oh. But I'm going to chalk that up to the fact that I'm now 11 years older and have given birth twice, so my body is much different. However, I am quite tempted to do another 5K this summer and see if I can really get my fastest time ever. Maybe I will.

Here's me after the race. I'm glad it was pretty nice weather.

And here's my awesome family, who came to support me and cheered me on. I couldn't have done it without them!

No comments: