Friday, February 26, 2016

Keepin' on, keepin' on

I linked to my last post on Facebook and got SO MANY positive comments. I'm so grateful to have such a positive support group and such wonderful friends!

I had an appointment a couple weeks ago with my surgeon. He was incredibly positive about how much weight I've kept off since I had the surgery. I admitted that I had some regain that I've been working to lose, and he responded that I was actually 3 lbs less than when I last saw him three years earlier, so I must be doing something right! He asked if I'm interested in skin removal, which I would be but insurance won't pay for it so I don't think I can afford it. Plus I still want to lose more before I worry about that. I also had some bloodwork done and all my levels are perfect. I still have to stay on all the supplements I've been on since last summer (calcium, vit d, vit b12, iron, vit c, and multivitamin), but I'm used to that so it's not a huge deal. My Medisafe app helps remind me when to take everything :)

So other than that, how am I doing? The weight loss has slowed, but I weighed in today and I'm 10 lbs down since Christmas, so I'm still losing! Even though I let in way too many sweets over Valentine's Day, I tracked it all and am doing lots of exercise. I got a pedometer for Christmas and make it a goal to get at least 8,000 steps a day, which can be hard since I have a desk job. But if I go to the gym on my lunch break or even just walk around to talk to people instead of sending an email or calling, it adds up. I still always take the stairs, which is easier and easier lately, and I'm going on walk/runs around my neighborhood most Saturdays. I also plan to do the Rex Lee Run again, which is the same 5K I did five years ago. It's just two weeks away. I don't know that I'll beat my time from last time, but I'll complete it and that's what matters.

Life is good!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Congratulations! 🎉 I am so happy for your regained health, prima mía!