Tuesday, January 19, 2016

FIVE YEARS!!!

Five years ago at this very moment, I was either still under the knife or just coming out of surgery. It's been a roller-coaster ride ever since, but I'm so happy I went through it and wouldn't change a thing. This surgery saved my life. It gave me the ability to stop taking blood pressure medication (haven't been on it since a few months after surgery), it helped me avoid a type II diabetes diagnosis, it allowed me to have a safe and healthy pregnancy, and it helped me lose the weight that plagued my body for so many years.

I'm still working on getting to goal and am more than half-way there (based on a starting point of last July when I jumped back into full weight-loss mode). I'm again fitting into clothes that I only was able to wear briefly before getting pregnant in 2012 and never really wore again. I'm exercising regularly and am thinking about doing a 5K in March again. I'm eating better and measuring amounts to make sure I stay on track. I just feel good about myself, you know?

I've been doing a lot of reflections the past few days as I knew this "surgiversary" was approaching, and I'm amazed at what I've managed to do and also the support that I have received from so many people. Seriously, I am floored at all the people that have been there for me throughout this journey. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't have done it without you! I love you all!

No comments: