Friday, June 8, 2012

Moving along...

I have such supportive friends! I posted last time in a moment of weakness and, yes, almost terror of what is ahead of me, and I received such kind words of love and encouragement. You all rock.

I'm not wearing exclusively maternity clothes yet, but very few of my pants still fit--and if they do fit, by the end of the day my poor belly just hurts. Luckily, my awesome sister K loaned me some of her maternity pants, and so far, they're great! I went shopping the other day with my sister B, and I got a couple of maternity shirts at Kohls. They didn't have as great a selection of maternity clothes as I was hoping, but that's okay. I'll make do.

I haven't posted pictures of myself in a while, and I really should keep track of what I look like these days. So, here is a picture of me this afternoon! Yes, that shirt looks huge, but it's one of the maternity ones I got at Kohls and I wanted to make sure there was plenty of room for baby to grow.
Gotta do the side view. Disclaimer: I'm honestly not sticking my stomach out, but it's sad to say that that bulge really isn't quite where the baby is, as it's still below my belly button. That's my extra skin. It sticks out more these days, though, and I wonder sometimes if it does that because everything below it has moved up to make room for baby, haha!
I think I have such a big smile on my face because it's Friday and another work week is behind me :P
How am I feeling? Good...but exhausted. I don't sleep well these days, and I have little to no energy to get up and exercise or anything like that. It's rough. I'm on iron supplements now, so hopefully that will help. Weight gain has been minimal, luckily--about 6-7 pounds, last time I checked, and I'm trying to keep my suddenly voracious appetite in check. I don't always make the best choices, but at least I keep the amounts small because, well, I have to. Next doctor check-up is in two weeks, and I have an ultrasound to check up on baby's growth and progress on the 18th. Fingers crossed that all is well!

2 comments:

Linda said...

You are looking radiant ;) So glad to see you feeling better about everything now. Keep us posted as to how all is going.

Svedi Pie said...

So so happy for you! Hope that you'll start sleeping better and have more energy soon with the iron supplements. When do you find out the gender? Can't wait to hear if Joshua's getting a little brother or sister :)