Sunday, September 18, 2011

8 Months Out

It's only been eight months since surgery--technically almost nine since I started that 3-week liquid diet, but still--and yet sometimes I hardly recognize myself. I used my sister's Wii Fit tonight to weigh myself (our scale is broken), and I'm just over 244 pounds. It's been over six years since I've been this small, and I was only there for a short while. This time, I'm hoping to stay here for a good long while.

I realized the other day that I have such a different relationship with food now. I mean, I used to think all the time about what I was going to have for the next meal--and while I still have to plan ahead for meals, it's not the same anymore. I don't live to eat; I eat to live. Sure, sometimes I wish I could go and splurge on a buffet somewhere, but I can't and I've learned to live with that. I'd rather feel the way I do now anyway.

5 comments:

Brianne said...

Woo hoo! You're awesome, sis! Now I need to try to adopt that mentality toward food, too :-o

Ali said...

Carina, you look amazing! Keep it up, you are an inspiration!

Mamapierce said...

You. Look. Amazing.

Svedi Pie said...

Such an inspiration!! It's so hard to make that shift from living to eat to eating to live - you're so amazing that you are reaching there. You look so good and I'm sure you feel even better!!

Popsy said...

Carina, Mom showed me your pictures the other night and boy was I surprised. I have heard of your pictures, but I was shocked. You look terrific and are on your way to a new life. When I think of how much you have lost, I realize that I have never even weighed that much. Keep up the good work and enjoy your family as I would think they would.