Due to a generous financial donation, I now have the possibility to seek some help for this weight problem that has plagued me for nearly 28 years (23 or so, if you count the first 5-6 years of my life when I was pretty normal). It's something I've thought about for the past 10+ years, but I never thought I would really need it. Now that I think about it, I see it as a catalyst, a gateway to helping me overcome this addiction I have to food and all that goes with it. What is this option? It's simple:
Tomorrow afternoon, I will meet with a surgeon, who will discuss with me the possibilities of gastric bypass surgery. There are still plenty of hoops to jump through, and I'm not even sure that my insurance will cover it--or that the surgeon will even think I'm a good candidate for this surgery (although if he doesn't, I'm not sure who is!). I'll still need to get a psychological evaluation, meet with a dietitian, and see an exercise specialist. It will completely change forever the way I think and feel about food. I'll have to say goodbye to some of my favorite restaurants, like Tucanos. No more soda, either. And I'll have to cut back extremely on my carb intake, which is my one weakness (I just love bread!). So why do it?
Because I owe it to myself and to my family to get healthier. There's no way I can have another child until I tackle this problem of mine. I will do all I can to avoid my children living with the trauma of having an obese parent. I want to believe my husband when he says I'm beautiful and sexy--I want to feel that way! I want to overcome this. I want to look back and say, "I did it." And I'm ready to conquer it. It's a long road ahead of me, but I say bring it on.

1 comment:
I love your positive attitude! You CAN do this! (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment