I went clothes shopping the other day because I really was running low on clothes, and I had a coupon to Kohl's (which has such cute clothes, by the way). And the coolest part? I think the next time I go shopping, I may have to shop in the NON plus-size sections. I have never done that in my entire adult life. Anyway, I got some nice clothes that I'm sure will last me awhile, or at least until I need to take them in:
My hair is a little on the bigger side these days (as far as fro-ness), since so much of it has fallen out and it's just a lot less heavy, I guess. But today, my husband looked at me closely and said it looks like I've got some short hairs all along my hairline, and that it looks like I'm a Chia Pet. Well, as much as I love those little things (read: NOT), I'm thinking I should probably start using some gel or something to get those hairs to lie down. At least it's growing back, right?
I had my nine-month check-up last week. Blood pressure was, get this: NORMAL! 122 over 84 or something like that. Sure, maybe very slightly elevated, but the doctor didn't even say anything about it. Hooray! When he asked to look at my incision scars to make sure everything is okay there, he mentioned that he thinks my skin doesn't sag nearly as much as he would have expected it to, considering I've lost over 160 pounds since the surgery, and that my age is probably to thank for that. So thank you, age. I owe you one.
I've mentioned before on this blog that one of my main reasons in getting the surgery when I did was because I am hoping to have another baby, and I knew getting pregnant at 400+ pounds was a not-very-good idea. Now that I am actually almost 100 pounds less than I was when I get pregnant with my first, I'm looking forward to having another one, so I talked this over with the doctor. Unfortunately, we need to wait...the recommendation is another nine months, making 18 total months from surgery. The issue is making sure I can sustain both myself and a fetus, and also that I can actually GAIN weight with pregnancy. If I were to get pregnant right now, the concern would be malnutrition for both me and baby, which is not something I want, of course. But at least I know I'm closer and hopefully we'll have an exciting announcement sometime in the next year or so, God willing.
Life is good :)


6 comments:
Carina!!!! I love it! You look awesome! Keep it up! You are truly an inspiration!
You look amazing, Carina. Seriously. I can imagine that you don't recognize yourself when you look in the mirror - such a drastic look! I am so happy for you. I hope the time passes quickly so you can have another baby on the way! :D
Ch-ch-ch-CHIA! hehehehe. Looking awesome! I was just thinking that this weight loss makes you look a lot older (not in a bad way; you look your age). I don't remember ever consciously thinking that you looked young, but looking at your pictures before and and now, you look more your age than you did before. I wonder if it's a combination of the weight loss (particularly on/around your face) and the newfound confidence. Anyway, you look good =)
Carina! You look amazing! I cannot get over it! You look beautiful and so happy! You are such an inspiration for me!
Way to go! So proud of you, my beautiful sister! (Brianne, you are my other beautiful sister.) I love your dedication and wonderful attitude about this whole experience and all it has taught you. Love you!
Amazing! You look great, and those pants look especially killer on you. What and amazing powerful journey you're on!!
Post a Comment